About Me

Austin, TX, United States
Postings will be sporadic and on an as I feel like it basis.

People that seem to like my Blog?

Monday, January 17, 2011

A must read post from Don Surber tittled "I do not want civil discourse"

I found this post I do not want civil discourse by Don Surber.  I found it linked in a post at Daddy Bear's Den tittled  "Why didn't I write this?".
:-)

I would like to add: what do we care what other say about us.
We know who we are.  We know what we stand for.  If those who do not know us or want to get to know us and just believe what others spew with out looking for themselves; so be it.  I can't nor would I want to control what others think.
This is not to say we shouldn't correct those we come into contact with by firmly saying,  "no that is not who we are or who I am."
This is to say let us not be stopped by the worry that we might be labbled something we are not. If they want to spew hate let them; as, it only shows them for who they truely are and makes them look bad not us.
Most of the time they're just speeking to the choir.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Really good post. Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete